For solo travellers and the long-term travellers in between, being away from home can have you feeling homesick, to calling your new destination home away from home. However, dealing with the realities of going back home, can make you feel like slight the foreigner settling back in your hometown.
Here are 11 ways to Adjust Back Home And To Life After travelling!
1. Ease back into your normal life. You’re probably still in holiday mode or now faced with reverse-culture shock after spending so long abroad. Take your time and do the things you like, you” ll soon find it easy to adjust.
2. Visit family & friends. They’ll want to hear about your adventures too, and if old contacts have moved don’t panic, you can always make new friends (solo-travellers too) and also meet new people.
3. Appreciate the little things about your hometown, and explore the areas that make it unique.
4. Sleep, you deserve it!
5. Embrace your experiences as a whole, and that travelling has changed you for the better.
6.Apply the skills you would have gained abroad, towards a job back home or career you have in mind.
7. Take pleasure in knowing you know how to get around!
8. Get used to the idea of travelling and keep in touch with the friends that you made.
9. If you picked up a skill or a hobby, continue with it back home.
10. Plan towards your next trip, it can be months or a year from now.
11. Count your blessings.
Give this list a try, including what works for you to avoid those post-travel blues and you’ll soon adjust back home with ease.